Knowledge, Character, Contribution
Our vision is to enable the pursuit of excellence, recognition of abilities and talent, and the realisation of ambitions for all of our learners. In so doing, we aspire to break the link between demographics, deprivation and destiny.
Our Aims and Mission:
We commit to:
- creating high achieving urban schools through learning, sharing and disseminating excellence in educational strategies and practices.
- providing a highly supportive and challenging learning environment that encourages the highest expectations for academic success and excellence in character.
- continuously strive to develop a culture of mutual respect and support through excellent working relationships between students, teachers, and parents.
- stressing upon the development of the whole person, which includes the spiritual, moral, social, physical and intellectual in order to deliver the best outcomes for our learners.
- nurturing a strong sense of shared purpose, generosity of spirit and the desire to serve others.
- giving reality to ‘tough love’ and ‘no compromise’ rhetoric in enabling our students to succeed.
- ensuring every student develops the knowledge, skills and disposition to pursue purposeful ambitions and fulfilling lives and enabling pupils to become integral and active members of modern society, making a valuable contribution to the wellbeing of society as a whole.
PVET - Seven Values (student character traits)
Eagerly doing what is right with transparent motives
Investing whatever is necessary to heal the hurts of others
Letting others know by my words and actions how they have benefited my life
Taking personal responsibility to uphold what is pure, right and true
Earning future trust by accurately reporting past facts
The inward strength to continue and do my best in spite of difficulties
Accepting a difficult situation without having a deadline for when it may be removed
PVET - staff commitments and expectations
In the pursuit of excellence all staff working for Park View Educational Trust are expected to demonstrate and exemplify consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct by committing to:
- treating pupils with dignity and building supportive relationships rooted in mutual respect, and observing proper boundaries at all times for the welfare and care of pupils in a manner that is appropriate to their status as an educator, in loco parentis (in place of the parent).
- creating a highly supportive and challenging learning environment that reflects the highest expectations for excellence in character and academic achievement; nurturing the qualities of industriousness and the pursuit excellence.
- accepting personal responsibility for teaching students good character, as specified in the mission statement, and to help students become reflective individuals who evaluate the consequences of, and accept the responsibility for, their own decisions and actions.
- making conscientious effort to exemplify the highest standards of moral and ethical conduct for pupils to follow and consistently adhering to the ethos, values and policies of Park View Educational Trust in order to ensure compliance with the requirements of statutory bodies and fulfilling of legal obligations.
- accepting responsibility and accountability for his or her performance and continually striving for self-growth and development.
- maintaining the highest standards of honesty and personal integrity in management and administrative duties, including in the use of schools resources, property and finance.
- working closely with parents as co-educators who have a vital role to play in the education of their children, and endeavouring to understand and respect the values and traditions of the diverse cultures represented within the school community.